Note: you will need a Microsoft for business account to use Teams. If you do not have a Microsoft business account, then you can use Microsoft’s similar Skype platform, and you can find our guide for that here.
1. Open Microsoft Teams. You can either use the desktop app or the online version, which can be found here.
2. Now that Teams is open, go over to the chat. Open up the chat tab from the left sidebar. if your quizzers aren’t already in a channel together, then create one by clicking on the pencil icon and entering in the emails of your quizzers.
3. OPTIONAL- Create a quiz channel. If your quizzers aren’t already in a teams channel together, then navigate to the chat function and click on the pencil icon. You can then search and add people from the search bar.
4. Then, click the call button. We recommend using the video option because then your quizzers will be able to see you!
5. Start the screen sharing. Now that you’re in a meeting, a bar will appear at the bottom. From here you can turn your camera and microphone on and off. The share screen button is also there, click it and then select your the right presentation window!
Now everything is set up, you can enjoy your quiz with all your friends!
Save yourself some time by checking out our pre-made quizzes. Have fun and be sure to contact us if you have any questions.
To learn more, Microsoft teams has some handy video guides here.
1.Download and Launch skype. First things first, let’s get Skype installed! If you’re on Windows then skype should come pre-installed, however if you’re on a mac, or can’t find it, then you can download it from the official website here.
2. Start a meeting Click on “meet now”, and then “host a meeting”. This will open up the pre- meeting screen.
3. Send your invites and start the meeting Once you’ve clicked on “host a meeting”, you should see this pre meeting screen. From here you can adjust your audio and camera settings, give the meeting a name, and then copy and share out the link to your participants so they can join you. Once you’ve done this then don’t forget to click on “start meeting” to start the meeting.
4. Share your screen. Share your quiz slides! Just click on “Share screen” from the bottom menu and then select the window with your PowerPoint. Remember we have a selection of great screen-share games here at Quiz Phoenix.
Have fun! Participants will be able to join you by clicking on your join link. We hope you found our tutorial helpful, and do make sure you check out our selection of pre-made quizzes, as they will make your life as quizmaster a whole lot easier!
Google meet is a great, simple platform for hosting quizzes with smaller groups of people – it doesn’t have quite as much functionality as Zoom or Skype, but it has the all important ‘share screen’ option for presenting your quiz slideshows, and its feature set should be more than enough to host a basic quiz.
1.Generate the link Go to meet.google.com and click on “new meeting”, then click on “get a meeting link to share”, and copy the link.
2. Joining the meeting From the pre- meeting screen, set up your camera and microphone and then click “join meeting”. You can also start screen sharing from here if you would like.
3. Share your slideshow To share your PowerPoint, click on ‘Present now’. You can either select the individual window or just share your entire screen- it’s up to you.
And that’s it. As your participants click on the link they will join the meeting and appear on the screen in front of you. We hope you enjoy your quizzes- have fun!